Pakistan National Joint Registry
Pakistan National Joint Registry (PNJR) is a voluntary project of Pakistan Arthroplasty Society (PAS). The registry was conceived, designed, implemented and funded by PAS. PNJR is designed to contribute to quality care and safety of patients undergoing arthroplasty surgery. Through this registry implant companies and hospitals shall be able to retrieve data for research to form guidelines on implant use based on national consensus.
Challenges faced in establishing a National Joint Registry:.
- Formation of steering committee and members of PNJR.
- Development of Data recording system.
- Case Report Form (CRF).
- Inform up form.
- Follow up form.
- Compliance with Good Clinical Practice (ICH-GCP).
- Financial Challenge.
- Training of principal investigators and hospital staff and persuading them to fill CRF forms.
- Preparation of first annual report of PNJR.