The advancement of Pakistani orthopaedic surgeons in the field of Joint Replacement Surgery to become leading contributors to the international fraternity of Joint Replacement Surgeons.
To promote modern arthroplasty in the country through training and education.
To collaborate with similar regional societies for sharing and learning the best practices.
To initiate a National Joint Replacement Registry and clinical research locally and internationally.
- To promote arthroplasty and train orthopaedic surgeons from all major cities of Pakistan.
- To promote the concept of clean orthopaedic operation theatre and train surgeons to use best operation room discipline.
- To conduct live and cadaveric Knee and Hip Arthroplasty workshops in different cities of Pakistan. At least two basic Arthroplasty workshops on THA & TKA will be conducted every year, one of which will be Pre-ORTHOCON.
- To conduct an Advanced Arthroplasty workshop at least once a year.
- To develop a cross country team of faculty who would conduct workshops in their region and avoid faculty fatigue.
- To develop a National Arthroplasty Registry and initiate research in the field of Arthroplasty in Pakistan.
- To liaison with regional and international arthroplasty societies and renowned implant supplying companies.
- To formulate evidence based guidelines for implant supplying companies for specific implants and facilitating them to identify and provide appropriate inventory.
- To conduct Faculty Board meetings at least twice a year, one of which will be around ORTHOCON.
- To promote advanced training of faculty through participation in courses and seminars abroad.
- To develop a team of international faculty.